- Virgin coconut oil is known for its nice fragrance, taste, antioxidants, medium chain fatty acids (mcfa), and vitamins.
- Virgin coconut oil derived through a “wet-milling” process.
- “coconut milk” is expressed first by pressing it out of the fresh coconut meat.
- The oil is then further separated from the water by mechanical centrifuge.
- It does not undergo any chemical refining, bleaching, deodorizing or hydro-generation process.
- It is free from trans fatty acids
- It has about 50% lauric acids, qualities similar to mother’s milk
- It retains all the essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and polyphenaols (antioxidants).
What is so special about virgin coconut oil?
- Since it is not subjected to heat, sunlight, and being extracted from fresh coconuts with a different process of extraction, virgin coconut oil is certainly richer in benefits than ordinary coconut oil.
- It is higher in vitamin content, antioxidants (which is nil or negligible in ordinary coconut oil), minerals, medium chain fatty acids, taste, fragrance, and even the amount of protein.
- The shelf life of virgin coconut oil is very long, much longer than any other edible oil and the regular coconut oil.
SPECIALITY OF VCO
- It has got a light texture, sweet fragrance and taste of a fresh coconut.
- It has a good shelf life exceeding up to two years and does not turn rancid or stale
- It is considered as an amazing rejuvenation and healing oil
- The virgin coconut oil is hundred percent pure and edible.
- It can be used for cooking, frying and baking
- It can also be consumed as raw.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PURE VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
|Promotes weight loss||Reduces blood sugar level|
|Improves digestion||Reduces heart diseases and stroke|
|Boosts immune system||Increases thyroid metabolism|
|Anti microbial activity||Improves oral health|
|Powerful Anti oxidant||Improves bone strength|
|Improves the good cholesterol||Moisturizes skin|
|Maintains the blood pressure||Nourishes hair|